Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Eye doctor checkup
Since Nathan was a preemie and was in the NICU we have to go see the eye doctor every six months. Well yesterday was our 2nd checkup and he got a great report. Our last visit was not so promising b/c he was showing early signs of far sightedness and a lazy eye. The doctor wanted us to watch him very closely and make sure he was using both eyes. I was very worried about this. Dr Cogen said yesterday, that we was no longer showing these signs and was looking really great. He asked me how his hand/eye coordination was and I thought it was great. Which Dr Cogen agreed with me about his coordination. He wants to see him again in 9-12 months and if Nathan is still doing great we will not have to go back. I want to mention how great Dr Cogen at the Callahan Eye Foundation is with kids, plus he raved about how good of a patient Nathan was. Nathan just sat and let him check his eyes like a big boy. I was so proud of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
he is great with the kids! we don't have to go back until they are three......i think. he was concerned about aiden having a stigmatism,but hopefully he will have outgrown it by the time we go back. i'm glad nathan got a good report, i know how that worring goes!
Great news! Although, I love my son in glasses. We had many battles over them and still do at times.
That is such great news! I hope y'all are doing well!
Post a Comment