Friday, October 26, 2007

1 Year

It is hard to believe that today is one year since our house was broken into. For those of you that do not know. This day last year Doug and I came home to find our house completely destroyed from one end to the other. They used gas that we had in the garage and poured it throughout the house, on furniture, clothes, etc. and tried to set it on fire. The good lord was watching over us that day because they did not succeed in burning it down. They took everything that mattered to us, including any pictures I had taken of Nathan, his ultrasound video, his first day home video, alot of stuff I will never be able to replace. At that moment in time we had a 3 month old and did not know what we were going to do. Needless to say we moved out in one day and never went back. We moved into Dougs dad house and stayed there until we were able to cleanup and sale our house. It sold in two days of being on the market and then we bought our new house in January. I know now that God works in ways we will never understand and I feel this was his way of getting us out that house. In the 3 years that we have lived there we were broken into a total of 3 times. I know that I will never replace those things but we have each other and after all that doug and I have been through, we are grateful for every second of every day that we have with each other. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts to everyone that helped and prayed for us, we are truly grateful for everything.

1 comment:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

wow....i never knew that! thank GOD you all were safe and are still together now! you will never understand why someone could do that and take those precious memeories from you, but like you said you all have each other! nathan is precious and getting so big! love all the new pics!